Saturday, March 14, 2009

What I'm reading as of 03/14/2009

This morning I took my SATs after several weeks of oppressive prepping. Surprisingly not even a quarter of the prep stuff showed on the test. In fact only the simple stuff showed its malformed face. Go figure.
thanks to SAT, I have a huge back log of reading to do. In no particular order here's what I'm reading now:
The Mask of Fu Manchu by Sax Rohmer
The House Subcommittee's findings at CTU (24) by Marc Cerasini (I'm a big 24 nut)
The Popular Encyclopedia of Apologetics by Various (I'm a bit strange. I read one chapter of a Encyclopedia a day)
To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
The Federalist Papers by Various
Invisible Death by Lin Carter
Ironcastle by Philip Jose Farmer
To your Scattered Bodies Go by Philip Jose Farmer
Doc Savage: The devil Genghis by Lester Dent
Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (one of my all time favorites)
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
The Aeneid by Virgil (YAY!)
Five Weeks in a Balloon by Jules Verne
The Great Gatsby by F. Scot Fitzgerald
Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs (another of my all time favorites)
The Man from UNCLE, The Copenhagen Affair by John Oram
The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
The Tombs of Anak by Frank Peretti

Give me a week or two tops and I should get through all that. I hope.

To end things here's an interesting link
http://www.tvtropes.org/
I don't really know how to describe it, but think of Wikipedia but only for fiction and its concepts. This site has vastly improved my writings, both fiction and non-fiction by helping me to avoid cliches and be original. What are you waiting for? Click!

No comments:

Post a Comment